An opening exists for the 2022-23 school year a Literacy & Learning Liaison.
The liaison will be fluent in the new dyslexia law going into effect and the need to strengthen science of reading strategies as well as lead the state recommended literacy opportunity Pathways to Proficient Reading from the AIMS Institute. To implement this literacy approach, Pickaway County is committed to using the organizational layout from the state of Ohio:
1. Using the Simple View of Reading (Gough & Tunmer,1986) to drive all literacy content, conversation, development and organization of resources necessary to support the state’s comprehensive plan.
2. Ensuring that all learners are represented and supported throughout the language and literacy development continuum, which includes emergent, early, conventional and adolescent literacy.
3. Providing specific recommendations for learners having difficulty reading or writing.
4. Enhancing partnerships and collaboration among general education and special education practitioners and stakeholders.
5. Enhancing the county’s infrastructure supports building implementation capacity at the local levels with the PCESC Literacy & Learning Liaison leading the work in the county and the trained personnel to lead the districts.
Letters of interest and resumes should be mailed to:
ESC Professional Services
2050 Stoneridge Drive
Circleville, Ohio 43113
The deadline is April 15, 2022, or until the position filled.