|Logan Elm, Teays Valley and Westfall Local School Districts contract for school psychologist services. Psychologists work with teachers and Intervention Assistance Teams to develop strategies to assist students in their academic, social and emotional success. They evaluate students to identify strengths and weaknesses, and serve as a resource to assist teachers in accommodating students’ needs. School Psychologists coordinate multi-factored evaluations of students identified with suspected disabilities and chair the evaluation team to determine appropriate services for students who qualify for special education.
- Provide comprehensive evaluations for students with disabilities and those suspected of having disabilities.
- Provide counseling services for regular education and special needs students.
- Provide early entrance to school evaluations.
- Participate in Individual Education Plan (IEP) conferences.
- Interpret the results of the individual educational evaluations.
- Serve on the evaluation teams of each school.
- Serve as a member of the kindergarten screening teams.
- Help with the development of intervention assistance teams with an emphasis on consultation leading directly to intervention.
- Provide consultation to parents regarding the mental health and educational needs of children.